Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Baseball in Ukraine, Yes, Baseball In Ukraine


Well, those who know me well, know that where there's baseball....I will eventually find my way to the field.  I'd heard for some years now that baseball was being played and taught in Ukraine but had not yet seen it with my own eyes.  This week I traveled with a team way outside of Kyiv to an orphanage where the children are being taught baseball. 


Chad Liddle, who is working with the Fellowship of Christian Athletes is developing a league for orphans all over Ukraine.  The team I traveled with are from different Ukrainian organizations and it's good to see different groups working together.  This is something I have wanted to see in action here for years.





Imagine trying to teach and explain the game of baseball to children who've never seen a game in their life AND doing it in Russian!


Despite some of the difficulties of learning a game without ever seeing it live, they're definitely getting  the hang of it!



We need baseball equipment!  If you can donate baseball equipment please email me at semkee@yahoo.com.  THANK YOU!

No comments: